These DIY bath bombs are fairly easy to make and will make your bath smell absolutely amazing! The reason why these DIY bath bombs are so great is because they contain all natural ingredients and will also leave your skin feeling silky soft. To make successful bath bombs that will actually fizz out, you’ll need citric acid. Although citric acid is not easily found at your local grocery or health store, you can purchase a 5 lb bag on Amazon for super cheap and it will last you for years!
DIY Bath Bombs With Lemon & Vanilla Scent
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 tbsp Epsom salt
- 3/4 tsp water
- 2 tsps melted coconut oil
- 15 drops lemon essential oil
- 4 tbsp dried lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 60 mm clear plastic ornament molds (you can also use muffin tins, or any other silicon molds you may have laying around!)
Recipe above makes 3 bath bombs if using the 60mm molds.
- In a large bowl, mix baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, Epsom salt, and dried lemon zest. Mix well to combine.
- In another bowl, mix melted coconut oil, water, essential oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients bowl to the larger, dry ingredients bowl and mix very well.
- Make sure to work quickly as you’re mixing! Test your mixture to see if it will lightly stick together. Grab a small handful of the mixture and if it lightly clumps/sticks together, then you can move on to the next step. If your mixture is not holding together, mist with water, mix again, and see if the clumps will stick. Be careful not to add to much water because then you’ll activate the ingredients and it will start to fizz up. At that point, you may have to restart all over again.
- If the mixture lightly sticks together, you can go ahead and press it into a mold. Pack tightly but do not overfill the mold.
- Let the bath bombs dry for at least 6-8 hours inside their molds.
- Remove the bath bombs very carefully from the molds. If needed, let them dry a few more hours.
To use the DIY bath bombs, simply drop one bath bomb into a running bath or into a bath that’s already been filled. Watch it fizz, and let the amazing smell of lemon and vanilla engulf your bathroom!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂