A summer mask is not only good for the skin but also good for the soul! Summer brings us many fun things, but there is also a downside concerning your skin during those hot summer months. Your skin gets oilier and those horrible pimples tend to pop up as well. Here’s an at-home recipe for an acne-fighting mask that I’ve tried a few times, and really liked. It’s pretty easy to make and actually does the job. Now of course if you have sever acne, you should probably just contact your dermatologist, but for a few pimples here and there, this does the trick!
Indulge In A Summer Mask
Some seasonal fruits such as papaya and pineapple are loaded with enzymes that help dissolve the oil and slough off dead skin. Apply this refreshing mask just once a week to get rid of all the gunk, and watch your face clear up! Here’s how to:
- Get a papaya, cut it in half and get rid of the seeds by scooping them out with a spoon.
- Scoop out the papaya fruit and mash it.
- Take an egg and beat it until it is frothy, then mix it in with the mashed papaya.
- Add half a cup of crushed pineapple to the mix and whip together. (You can also use your blender)
- Apply the mixture to your face, avoiding the eye area and leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
And there you have it! A fun, super-easy at-home recipe that you can enjoy all summer long. Oh and don’t forget to eat the rest of that pineapple, it’s good for you!
For more DIY Beauty posts, check out our DIY Beauty Blog!