Whether you want to save some money, learn the haircutting trade, or you’re just bored (like me!), cutting your own hair isn’t all that difficult. In fact, it’s easier than you think. Now I’m not referring to giving yourself a completely new do (going from long straight hair to a pixie cut or a bob), NO…please don’t do that. I’m simply talking about trimming and/or cutting your hair SHORTER than it previously was. So don’t get all crazy and artistic, unless you really don’t care about the outcome! Okay, so let’s get this cut going! First, I’ll tell you step-by-step how to do this, and then you can watch a video below! Here’s how to cut your own hair!
How to Cut Your Own Hair
What You’ll Need:
- A hair elastic
- A pair of scissors
- Start off with dry hair and make sure your hair is nice and frizz-free.
- Tip your head upside down, brush your hair forward and gather it into a nice tight ponytail that will start right at your hairline in the center of your head.
- Figure out how long you want your first layer to be. Will it end at your chin or at your cheekbones? You decide! Measure the distance of where your ponytail starts on your forehead to where you’d like the cut to be using a comb.
- Pick up that ponytail and hold it firmly between your hand. Grab your scissors and cut away at the point that you measured. Just cut straight through! Don’t worry about cutting it straight or uneven – we’ll get to that in the next step!
- Next, still holding your hair in your hands, change your grip on your scissors and point them directly at your head. Start snipping away at the ends in short, fast moves until your ends look like a shaving brush, fluffy with no harsh lines.
- Pull your hair out from the ponytail and voilà, you’ve successfully cut your hair!
Watch the Video Below
This girl shows you exactly how to do it, step-by-step so if you find it easier to watch the video, go ahead!
It’s so much easier than you would think! Just make sure to follow each and every step and you’ll be fine! Don’t forget to share 🙂