Activated charcoal has blown up in the beauty realm, and for good reason too! Activated charcoal has the power to extract impurities from the skin, and therefore detoxifying from all the harmful pollutants it comes in contact with every day. On top of that, activated charcoal also goes deep into the skin to treat breakouts, get rid of oily skin, and give you the freshest, dewiest skin you've ever had! We're totally in love with this DIY 3 ingredient charcoal face mask because it's SO easy to make, and you only need 3 ingredients!
3 Ingredient Charcoal Face Mask
In this charcoal face mask recipe we'll be using bentonite clay, activated charcoal powder, raw honey, and essential oils.
- 1 tsp bentonite clay
- 1 tsp activated charcoal powder
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1 drop essential lavender oil & 1 drop tea tree essential oil
- In a medium size bowl, add your water and essential oils.
- Add the bentonite clay to the water and oil mixture, and stir well. The bentonite clay may get clumpy, but keep stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the charcoal powder and honey and mix well.
- Apply the mask to your face and neck (clean, makeup free face!), and leave on for 10-15 minutes, or until the mask dries.
- Rinse off and pat dry. If mask is too hard to remove, grab a soft, wet cloth and remove mask.
- Follow up with a drop of almond or coconut oil, as mask may be a bit drying.
Use 1-2 times a week for clear, detoxified skin and to get rid of breakouts.
Like activated charcoal, bentonite clay is also a detoxifying agent which is amazing at removing impurities, blackheads, whiteheads, and all kinds of dirt and gunk. Bentonite clay comes from aged volcanic ash sediment and its powerful qualities can remove and prevent even the worst cases of acne.
Activated Charcoal Powder:
Activated charcoal powder is one of the best ingredients to remove toxins, impurities, and poisonous agents. When used together with bentonite clay, they form a powerhouse that pull away dirt and bacteria, which are essential breakouts.
Raw honey is used in this recipe to soften and hydrate the skin, since bentonite clay and activated charcoal can be a bit drying. The addition of honey will fight bacteria, and therefore it's great for acne prone skin and oily skin.
Although optional, lavender essential oil and tea tree essential oil are used to soothe the cleanse the skin. Lavender soothes and relaxes irritated skin, while tea tree is antimicrobial and combats acne.
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂