Last Updated on
If you love taking baths and relaxing, you're going to love these DIY bath melts! These milk & honey bath melts will completely moisturize dry, parched skin, and give you the most relaxing bath time ever! All natural ingredients make these DIY bath melts the perfect moisturizers for those with sensitive skin AND they also make a great gift!
DIY Bath Melts
- 1/3 cup mango butter or shea butter
- 1/3 cup almond oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup powdered milk (for rolling)
- In a double boiler, melt the mango or shea butter, the almond oil, and the honey. Stir well.
- Remove from heat and stir in the powdered milk.
- Measure about two tablespoons of the mix and roll into balls.
- Place the rolled balls onto parchment paper or wax paper to cool.
- Finally, roll the bath melts into the 1/2 cup of powdered milk for decoration.
This recipe makes about 10-12 bath melts. You can use them yourself or place them in cellophane and give them away as beautiful, homemade gifts!
How to Use the DIY Bath Melts:
Fill your tub with about one or two inches of water.
Drop a bath melt into the tub and watch it disintegrate or crumble with your hands.
Fill the tub fully, and lay back and relax!
Careful when you get out of the bath – surfaces may be slippery!
Why These Bath Melts Are So Great:
Because these bath melts contain milk, they exfoliate the skin gently, getting rid of dead skin cells. Honey is a great anti bacterial as well as moisturizer, so it's perfect for dry, parched skin. Almond oil will make your skin feel silky smooth and soothe any itchy, dry spots.
These bath melts are especially great for sensitive skin, since both milk and honey are very gentle on the skin.
If you like this post, please share 🙂