If you have some Himalayan pink salt laying around, you probably already know how much better it is than regular salt and the multiple uses that it has. If you don't have any, now is the time to go and get some! Himalayan salt is a much healthier alternative to table salt or sea salt, it's way prettier (duh, it's pink!), and elevates the taste of food so much better than any other salt. But what about salt scrubs? Is Himalayan salt suitable for that? The answer is absolutely yes!
This DIY Himalayan pink salt scrub is made with 100% all natural ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen and will leave your skin beautiful and glowing from head to toe. Be advised that this is a salt scrub and therefore it's much more abrasive than a sugar scrub. This is why we recommend you only use this DIY Himalayan pink salt scrub on your body and not your face.
DIY Himalayan Pink Salt Scrub Recipe
- 1 cup finely ground pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 10-15 drops lavender essential oil or any other kind of essential oil you have laying around or prefer.
- In a large bowl, mix together and salt and coconut oil until well combined.
- Then, add in 10-15 drops of lavender essential oil or your favorite essential oil.
- Mix well until all ingredients combined.
- Apply to wet skin in the shower working in slow, circular motions.
- Removes dead skin cells
- Leaves skin super soft and glowing
- Promotes healthy collagen production
- Keeps skin free of bumps and dark spots
- Improves blood circulation
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral
Use 2-3 times a week max!
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂