Rosewater is one of the most beneficial and versatile beauty ingredients you could use. Not only does rosewater smell like well…roses (obvs!), but it also has a slew of hair and skin benefits as well! Rosewater can be purchased online or from your local beauty store, or you can make your own rosewater with just a few ingredients! Whichever way you decide to go though, rosewater should seriously be part of your regular beauty routine as the benefits are innumerable! This DIY rosewater spray has a TON of uses and once you make it you’ll be using it on skin, hair, and nails on the regular!
DIY Rosewater Spray Recipe
- 4 oz distilled water
- 2 oz witch hazel
- 2 oz rosewater
- rose petals (optional, for prettiness only!)
- 7 rose stems
- 1.5 L distilled water
- Start by removing all the rose petals off of the stem and rinse them under warm water to remove any dirt.
- Add the petals to a large pot and cover with distilled water.
- Over low-medium heat, bring the water to a simmer and cover.
- Let this simmer for about 20 minutes or until your water has turned red and the petals have almost lost their color.
- Strain the mixture to separate the petals from the water.
- Discard the petals and pour your liquid into a glass jar or bottle.
- Store in a closed, glass container in the fridge.
How to Make Rosewater Spray:
Combined 4 oz distilled water, 2 oz witch hazel, and 2 oz rosewater in a spray bottle. Shake well to combine and add a few rose petals if you want!
How to Use the DIY Rosewater Spray:
This DIY rosewater spray can be used for literally anything! Simply spray onto any of the areas below to fix things in a pinch!
- Spray on skin to balance pH and reduce acne
- Use on armpits to reduce irritation and smell
- Makeup setting spray
- Use instead of hairspray
- Makeup remover
- Skin soother
- Under eye bags and puffiness
- Soften cuticles
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂