Whipping up body butters is so much fun and super easy to do! Not only will this save you money, but it's also a fun project you can do by yourself, with friends, or even your kids. This DIY whipped lime body butter incorporates all natural, healthy ingredients that your skin will eat right up! It's super moisturizing, so it's great to use on any rough spots such as your elbows and knees. Make this lime body butter work extra hard by slathering it on your hands and feet before bed, and covering it up with sleep gloves and/or socks until the morning. Hello gorgeous hands and feet!
Homemade Whipped Lime Body Butter
You'll love this body butter because not only is it super good for your skin, but also smells amazing!
- 1 cup coconut oil or palm shortening
- 10-20 drops lime essential oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- Place all ingredients in a large, stainless steel bowl
- Whip with an electric batter for 3-5 minutes until mixture becomes fluffy and light. Do not use a blender as it will not have the same outcome.
- Place the body butter in a clean jar and keep in a cool, dark place.
If you enjoyed this post, don't forget to share 🙂
Can you use real line juice?
You could use real lime juice, yes, but then its shelf life would be cut down considerably!