Last Updated on
Can’t get those nails to grow? No worries, we’ve got the perfect DIY nail growth serum for you! With all natural ingredients, and proven to work, this DIY nail growth serum will not only make your nails grow (FAST), but will also moisturize dry, brittle nails, nourish the skin, and strengthen weak nails.
This recipe uses aloe vera gel, castor oil, vitamin E, and garlic. Each and every one of these ingredients are scientifically proven to promote nail growth, strengthen nails, and hydrate cuticles.
This is one of our favorite home remedies because it’s so easy to do and will really make a difference in the health of your nails! This DIY nail growth serum will help nails grow faster, soften cuticles, and strengthen nails in just 15 minutes!
DIY Nail Growth Serum Recipe:
- 1/2 tsp aloe vera gel
- 1/2 tsp castor oil (if you don’t have castor oil, you can also use coconut oil, olive oil, or flaxseed oil)
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- a garlic clove
Why This DIY Nail Growth Serum Works:
Aloe Vera Gel: aloe contains healing properties, which when applied to the nails, can strengthen, soften, and heal. It’s full of beneficial vitamins and minerals which penetrate the skin and nails to promote growth and strength. Learn how to make your own aloe vera gel with just a few simple steps!
Castor Oil: Full of fatty acids, castor oil can help regenerate new cell growth, and promote healthy nail growth. It also helps to combat any fungus or bacteria, making for healthier nails and cuticles. If you don’t have castor oil, you can easily substitute for coconut oil, olive oil, or flaxseed oil – they all contain beneficial fatty acids and antibacterial properties.
Vitamin E Oil: like castor oil, vitamin E oil is also full of fatty acids which hydrate and moisturize dry, cracked nails. The oil penetrates deep into the nail bed to remedy dryness and strengthen the nail. It also encourages nail growth.
Garlic: garlic for nail growth? You bet! Garlic contains a mineral called selenium which boosts nail strength and growth, and is actually used in a lot of commercial nail growth serums! It also contains antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which inhibit the growth of fungus and bacteria.
- In a clean jar or pot, mix aloe vera gel, castor oil, and the vitamin E capsule.
- Mix together until well combined.
- In a food processor, add your garlic clove and pulse until very fine.
- Before applying the DIY nail growth serum, go ahead and soak your nails in warm water for about 15 minutes. This will help soften cuticles and will enable the serum to penetrate a little better. Pat dry.
- Rub the garlic paste directly onto clean, nail polish free nails.
- Massage it into the nail beds in slow, circular motions and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Wash off, and pat dry.
- Now apply the oil serum that you made earlier, onto your nails.
- Massage slowly into the cuticles.
- Leave on overnight or for a couple of hours.
Use the garlic paste onto your nails once a week, but DO apply the oil every night before bed. Within just 2 weeks, you’ll notice a huge difference in the health of your nails, stronger nails, and longer nails too!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂