There's a secret that girls with amazing skin have: a routine! Follow this simple, yet effective routine, and you too will have perfect, glowing skin in no time! And remember, there are no shortcuts! It all takes time, so patience is a must, but within a couple of months, your skin will look as perfect as you've ever seen it no matter what skin type you have. The ONE guide you need for perfect skin is right here!
The ONE Guide for Perfect Skin
Follow this routine EVERY SINGLE DAY for perfect skin.
- Wash your face twice every day. Make sure to use a cleanser that's suited for your skin type (acne-prone, dry, oily, combination, etc.) And always choose a cleanser that's mild – your skin is a lot more sensitive than you'd think!
- Take your makeup off before bed. I cannot stress this enough! I am a HUGE believer in taking off your makeup before bed because I've seen what it can do firsthand! Even if you're too lazy to wash your face, at least have some makeup removing wipes next to your bed.
- Apply a light moisturizer after cleansing. Again, choose a moisturizer that suits your skin type. If you're worried about wrinkles, apply an anti-aging cream.
- Take warm, not hot showers. Taking showers that are too hot can cause your skin to dry up which can cause pimples and other unsightly things.
- Drink a LOT of water. Water is your skin's best friend – drink it up so your skin stays soft and hydrated.
- Get 8 hours of sleep. Sleep is a very important part of your skin care routine – the term “beauty sleep” actually has a lot of meaning!
- Wear SPF 30. Before going outside, always apply an SPF 30 to your face, neck, and body. It will prevent damage from the sun, dark spots, and premature aging.
Follow this routine ONCE A WEEK for perfect skin.
- Do an at-home peel. I really love Freeman's Cucumber Facial Peel, as it removes all dirt, impurities, and a ton of blackheads.
- Use a sheet mask. Sheet masks are amazing because they deliver so many great things to your skin including vitamins, antioxidants, and purifiers.
- Exercise three times a week. Exercise gets your heart pumping, and your blood flowing which is great for your skin and your body.
- Disinfect your cell phone. If you talk a lot on the phone, it might be a good idea to clean it once in a while – your phone is home to billions of bacteria, and, when you hold it against your cheek, they simply latch on. Gross!
- Change your pillowcases. I actually do this twice a week, but once a week is plenty as well! Swap out your pillowcases for fresh ones to avoid bacteria and dirt buildup.
- Clean your makeup brushes. Makeup brushes are a breeding ground for bacteria, so make sure you wash them at least once a month depending on how often you use them. Simply dip them in a glass filled with warm water, add some soap, and let them sit for a few hours. Then, rinse out!
- Exfoliate your entire body with a sugar scrub. Here's a DIY sugar scrub recipe that I love! Make sure to use slow, circular motions, as if you were giving a massage.
- If you can, visit your local aesthetician for a deep facial. An aesthetician can remove things (blackheads, whiteheads, pimples) that you simply can't.
- Examine your body for suspicious moles or dark spots. It's always good to know your own body, and, if you examine it thoroughly once a month, you'll become very aware of what's there or what was never there before!
- See a dermatologist for a checkup. Even if you don't have any issues, it's always good to stay on top of things and be able to prevent anything.
- Do a skin screening. It may seem extreme, but you'd be surprised at how many people get melanoma, which is a skin cancer. Prevent all of that before it may be too late!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not share? 🙂