To get that white smile you’ve been longing for, you first have to get your teeth black with this activated charcoal toothpaste recipe. Activated charcoal is so powerful, hospitals use it to remove poisons from patients as toxins and chemicals easily bind to it.
This toxic-binding capability can be useful in the mouth for absorbing plaques, stain-causing compounds, and other toxins that are found lurking in the crevices of your teeth. With the addition of coconut oil, another antibacterial binding agent that also nourishes gums, protects enamel, and strengthens teeth, this DIY paste is a must to help remove stains, such as those caused by coffee and wine, and leave your smile healthy and sparkling. And to boost, peppermint essential oil adds a cool, minty flavor while providing antibacterial and anti-fungal properties as well!
Activated Charcoal Toothpaste Recipe
- 2 tbsp activated charcoal powder (if you have capsules simply open them and release the powder)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- Heat the coconut oil to melt it down to liquid form.
- Next, combine oil with activated charcoal and peppermint essential oil in a small glass jar and mix until it is a paste-like consistency.
- To use, simply dip a finger or toothbrush into the paste and apply to gums and teeth. You can either lightly brush as normal or let it sit for 2-3 minutes then swish with water and spit.
- Because activated charcoal can be a bit abrasive, it is best to use 2 to 3 times per week rather than everyday. Store in a cool, dry place.
Like this post? Share, Pin, and Comment Below 🙂