Last Updated on
When the winter frost has you cooped up indoors, it is calming to cozy up with a hot mug of chamomile tea to relax and melt away those wintry blues. And what is good for the body internally, is often good for the body externally as well. For a dose of relaxation, try this chamomile geranium spray for face and body – it'll do you and your skin a world of good!
Next time you are boiling water for chamomile sipping purposes, consider steeping an extra mug of tea to use as a face and body mist. Chamomile can help hydrate, calm irritated or inflamed skin, balance oils and provide skin with a healthy glow. Geranium oil is equally beneficial in that it can reduce wrinkles, has antibacterial properties to fight off infection, and because it is a circulatory oil (meaning it exits the body via perspiration) it can actually combat body odor and work as a natural deodorant as well!
Chamomile Geranium Spray Recipe:
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup of distilled or filtered water
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 2 tsp witch hazel
- 10-15 drops of geranium oil
- Funnel (for easy pour and less mess)
- 8-ounce spray bottle
How to Make:
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil and let the chamomile tea bag steep for 20 minutes.
- After steeping, remove the tea bag and set the tea aside to cool. Once cooled, use the funnel to pour the tea into an 8-ounce spray bottle.
- Add 2 tsp of witch hazel (as a holder for the geranium oil) and 10-15 drops of geranium oil. Give the bottle a good shake to ensure all ingredients are mixed.
- Spray on face and body for hydration, odor elimination or for a quick pick-me-up!
- Also works really well as a room or pillow spray!
Like this post? Share, Pin, and Comment Below 🙂