Over time, our teeth can start to become yellow and dull because of all of the different foods and beverages we eat and drink everyday. Our teeth are one of the most important parts of our bodies. They are constantly dealing with different rough, acidic substances. Anything that is high in acidity, caffeine or things like smoking and not brushing our teeth can do damage to our fragile tooth enamel making them turn brown and more susceptible to disease. This ancient remedy for teeth whitening will help rebuild tooth enamel while making them as bright and shiny as they once were.
Ancient Remedy for Modern Day Teeth Whitening
This ancient remedy for teeth whitening will give you a whiter, brighter smile with all safe, and natural ingredients.
- Coconut oil- If you've ever heard of oil pulling, an Ayurvedic method of ridding the mouth of any bacteria and keeping it healthy, then you know that coconut oil works wonders on teeth and gums. This is because coconut oil has lots of antioxidants and its high content of lauric acid. This acid helps kill bacteria that may be stuck on teeth and prevent it.
- Turmeric- This ancient Indian remedy for reducing the appearance of liver & sun spots also whitens your teeth. Even though it stains every other thing yellow, this spice will almost completely rid your teeth of the stubborn yellow color, sensitivity, and reduce inflammation in the gums.
- Baking Soda (optional) – This powder helps remove built up plaque as well as discolorations. It might not fight any bacteria, but it does give the teeth a good clean.
All you have to do:
- Get one teaspoon of coconut oil, powdered turmeric and baking soda.
- Mix them together to make a smooth paste.
- Brush your teeth with the mixture for about a minute, making sure to reach every edge and corner. (Use a toothbrush you don't mind staining because it it will turn yellow.)
- Leave it on your teeth for another 2 minutes.
- Rinse out your mouth really well with cold water.
You can do this everyday without the baking soda for a deep cleanse and a permanent glowing smile. You can only use it a few times a week with the baking soda because after time, its rough compounds can also damage tooth enamel. This ancient remedy will put the ‘pep' right back into your step and will leave you smiling with more confidence than ever before. After just one rinse you will notice a big difference.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂