Looking for the perfect pick-me-up? This DIY grapefruit body butter is as moisturizing as it is energizing. Made with entirely all natural ingredients, this body butter will nourish dry, cracked skin, stimulate blood circulation, and give you AND your skin an energizing pop. This DIY grapefruit body butter is perfect for those lazy mornings when you just don't wanna get out of bed!
DIY Grapefruit Body Butter Recipe
What's really great about this body butter recipe is that you can customize it to your liking. We chose grapefruit essential oil for its fresh, energizing scent, but you can switch that up! Maybe you're looking for a soothing body butter, so you could use lavender instead.
- 1 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- 30 drops grapefruit essential oil
- a few drops of pink/red food coloring (optional)
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter and coconut oil.
- Then, mix in the sweet almond oil and transfer to a bowl.
- Allow to solidify – this will take about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- After it has solidified, transfer to a mixing bowl and whip for a few minutes. While it's whipping, add in your grapefruit essential oil and food coloring if using.
- Store in a clean, airtight jar and use whenever needed!
This body butter will leave your skin ultra soft and nourish even the driest of skin!
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂