When it comes to clay masks, people often think they're specifically made for oily skin as the clay pulls out the oil, but that is not always the case. This DIY lavender clay mask is specifically formulated for dry skin because it contains hydrating honey that soothes parched, irritated skin. We love this clay mask because it leaves the skin so amazingly moisturized and the lavender calms and relaxes irritated skin.
DIY Lavender Clay Mask
- 1 tsp bentonite clay (we love Aztec Secret Indian Clay Mask)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp water
- 4-5 drops lavender essential oil
- Add honey to the clay and mix well to form a thick paste.
- Add enough warm water until the mixture becomes a thin paste.
- Pour in your lavender essential oil.
- Apply immediately to face and neck using slow, circular motions (like a massage).
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes or until the mask hardens.
- Remove the mask with a soft washcloth that's been dipped in hot water. The hot water helps to stem off the mask and reduces pore size.
- Pat dry, and follow up with a moisturizer.
Because clay is so “strong”, we only recommend using this mask once or twice a week MAX. You may also see some redness right after, but that is completely normal and should go away within a few minutes.
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂
Background image via SoapQueen