Last Updated on
There’s a new nail art trend sweeping the blogosphere and it’s called rose quartz nails. If you haven’t already seen it, you’re in luck because we’ve got some beautiful examples and an easy to follow DIY rose nail quartz tutorial. Rose quartz nails are going to be super hot this summer and when you take a look at these nails, you’ll know exactly why! A touch of class and a touch of whimsy, these magical looking nails will be your go-to nail art for this season.
Rose Quartz Nails DIY
- Start with clean, buffed, and filed nails.
- Apply a base coat.
- Using a striper brush, make cracked-like lines with a light pink polish.
- Now go ahead and do the same thing with a white polish.
- Draw the cracks diagonally from left to right and form a small crack at the end of the larger line. This will give it that realistic marble look.
- Clean that same striper brush in acetone and leave it moist enough so that it has a bead or two of acetone on it.
- Go ahead and brush the striper brush over the newly formed lines. This will thin them out a bit as well as blur them out for that quartz effect.
- Apply a very light, almost sheer pink polish.
- After it has dried, apply another coat of the sheer pink polish.
- Finish off with your favorite top coat and you should see something like this (see below).
Rose Quartz Nail Art Ideas
#1. Pretty in Pink
These rose quartz nails are beautiful as they are simple and feminine! You’ll need a stripping brush to achieve this look, or head on over to your local nail salon to have them replicate it.
#2. Bright Quartz
This is a brighter quartz nail design that would look amazing for a wedding or a special occasion. Accessory with rose gold accessories for a really pretty and feminine look.
#3. Pointy Rose Quartz
Pointy, coffin style nails look exquisite with a rose quartz nail design. Follow the tutorial above to copy this look!
#4. Rose Accents
Not every single nail has to be a design – leave a couple as accent nails, like this really dainty rose quartz nail design.
#5. Marbled Effect
These nail designs look like more of a marbled effect, but they’re still oh-so-pretty and feminine and really easy to pull off!
#6. Rose Quartz Nails for Short Nails
Short nails can also rock this design! Follow the tutorial above to pull off this look on short nails.
If you like this post, please don’t forget to share 🙂