As people are starting the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping, we like to keep it simple! DIY gifts are not only much cheaper than conventional gifts, but we think they also convey a lot more “thought” than any store bought presents out there! These DIY peppermint shower melts are the perfect gift for anyone who showers (so hopefully that's everyone). It's something that you can make at home for very little money, and they smell out of this world too!
Homemade Peppermint Shower Melts
- 1 ice cube tray
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 5-7 drops essential peppermint oil
- red food coloring (optional)
- Mix the cornstarch with the peppermint oil in a bowl.
- Now add the food coloring. Add as many or as few drops as you like – the color is completely up to you!
- While mixing well, add your water and continue mixing until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Pour your mixture into an ice cube tray (or any other kind of mold), and smooth over the top with a spatula.
- Place in freezer until the cubes have solidified
Tip: try not to use too much water! If you use less water, you'll be able to store these in a pretty jar (for a gift) or a gift baggie. If you use too much water, I recommend storing it in the fridge.
How to Use:
For an invigorating shower, place one peppermint melt onto your shower floor. Turn on warm water, and let the peppermint scent envelop your senses and your entire bathroom. Great for morning showers as a quick pick-me-up or for the holidays.
If you enjoyed this post, don't forget to post and leave a comment below 🙂