If you read our blog, you know we're absolutely DIY scrubs obsessed! When we stumbled upon this super simple DIY silky legs scrub, we knew we just had to share! Honestly, I can't even understand why anyone would spend money on body scrubs when they're SO unbelievably easy to make and cost less than a fraction to make! Sure, it's nice to pamper yourself once in a while and buy a heavenly scented scrub from Bath & Body, but there is still no greater satisfaction than making your own. This DIY silky legs scrub is one of the easiest scrubs you can make, and it will leave your legs the smoothest they've ever been!
DIY Silky Legs Scrub Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup brown or white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil or coconut oil (but really, any oil will work, it's just for added moisture!)
- 3 tablespoons citrus juice (lime or lemon will do) or 20 drops lemon essential oil
- a few drops of your favorite essential oil (optional, just for scent!)
- Mix all of your ingredients together until they form a scrub-like consistency.
- Store in an jar or even a squeeze bottle for easy use.
How to Get Super Silky Legs
Sometimes it's not enough to just shave and slather on a bunch of lotion. Your skin needs to be properly exfoliated in order for it to be silky smooth. Exfoliation removes the dead skin cells that rest atop your skin. Before exfoliating, find some me time, and draw yourself a luxurious bubble bath (because you deserve it!).
Soak for at least 5 minutes to soften skin. Then, apply the scrub and massage onto legs and other areas in slow, circular motions. Rinse off, and follow up with a good shave. Make sure your razor is clean and not rusted. Try to change your razor at least once a month, or if not, increase its life by always keep it dry after usage.
Rinse off, and follow up with a little bit of coconut oil or a lotion.
Do this twice a week and for the smoothest, silkiest skin of your life!
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂