There’s nothing more we all want other than even toned skin. Sun spots, acne scars, and dark stains can make our skin look less than desirable, and it’s one of the biggest reasons why we use so much concealer and foundation. An uneven skin tone can make you feel embarrassed, but in reality, we ALL have it! Thankfully, there are ways to reduce skin pigmentation, dark spots, scars, and sun damage. You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on expensive treatments or creams: this DIY skin lightening cream works better than anything and will only cost you pennies!
DIY Skin Lightening Cream Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup plain yogurt (preferably organic)
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 almonds
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- In a food processor, grind up the almonds until they become powder like. Make sure you don’t process too much as it may turn into almond paste. Alternatively, you can also purchase ground almonds, which usually will say “almond flour”.
- Add the powdered almonds to a bowl, and mix in the rest of the ingredients until well combined.
- Apply to clean face wherever you may have dark spots, scars, or discoloration before bed.
- You can leave it on overnight or just for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off and pat dry. Follow up with a light moisturizer.
Use once a day for two weeks to see results. Within two weeks, you’ll see a noticeable difference in dark spots, scars, sun damage, and discoloration. After the two weeks, you can cut down usage to 2-3 days a week.
Why The DIY Skin Lightening Cream Works:
- Yogurt is a natural cleanser that also packs a punch of hydration, and therefore it’s also perfect for dry skin.
- Honey is a natural antiseptic and anti-microbial agent which cleanses the skin of bacteria and prevents breakouts.
- Lemon juice is a natural lightening agent, and one of the most powerful lightening ingredients you can ever use.
- The almonds in this recipe cleanse deeply and also exfoliate the skin, revealing newer, softer, and more even skin tone.
- Turmeric, like lemon juice, also lightens naturally, but also prevents wrinkles and acne.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂