Everything but the kitchen sink…I'm sure you've all heard of that! Well this DIY soft & strong hair mask recipe is JUST that! We're basically using a bunch of different ingredients you'd find in your cupboards and slathering them onto our hair. Why? Because it actually works! We've combined the best, most hydrating and strengthening kitchen ingredients we could get our hands on and massaged them into our scalp. We left it on, and we rinsed. The results? You'll fall in love with your hair all over again!
DIY Hair Mask Recipe for Soft, Strong, and Faster Growing Hair
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
All of these ingredients combined work to give each and every strand extra strength and hydration, as well as seal up split ends. The oils penetrate deeply into the shaft to moisturize and repair dry, damaged strands. The honey works to cleanse and also add a ton of shine and moisture to dull hair. The egg works to give hair a dose or protein, and therefore strengthen the hair and encourage hair growth.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients in a and stir until well combined.
- Apply to dry, unwashed hair, and massage in slow, circular motions for 3-5 minutes, making sure to saturate every strand from root to tip.
- To keep from dripping, slip on a towel or a shower cap and leave on for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse out and shampoo and condition as normal.
- Use twice a week to repair dry, damaged hair, strengthen, and encourage faster, healthier growth.
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂