Looking for a fun, yet easy to make summer lip scrub? Look no further, because this DIY strawberry margarita lip scrub is the perfect summer scrub you'll wanna use all the time! Just because it's summer, doesn't mean you don't need a lip scrub. Dry heat, pool chlorine, and the differences between A/C and outdoor weather can wreak havoc on your lips and leave them dry and cracked. That's why you need to make this DIY strawberry margarita lip scrub: it's the perfect summer lip scrub that will leave your lips ultra soft and smelling like heaven!
DIY Strawberry Margarita Lip Scrub Recipe
This recipe calls for a little bit of tequila to act as an antiseptic and make sure that no bacteria grows in the jar, but if you don't wanna waste tequila on a scrub, you can also use antiseptic essential oils such as tea tree oil, rosemary, lemongrass, or lavender.
If you DO decide to use one of the above mentioned essential oils instead of tequila, please be mindful that it may change the smell and taste a little bit!
The below recipe will make about 1/3 cup of lip scrub, which is enough to fill about 3 lip scrub containers.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3-4 drops strawberry flavoring
- 6-8 drops lime essential oil
- 1/2 tbsp lime zest
- 2 drops vitamin E oil
- 1/4 tsp tequila OR a few drops of tea tree oil, rosemary, lemongrass, or lavender essential oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all ingredients together and mix well until a scrub like consistency forms.
- Scoop your mixture into small, lip scrub jars or into one bigger jar.
- Use 2-3 times a week on wet lips, scrubbing in slow, circular motions.
- The sugar in the scrub will slough off dead skin cells, revealing new, soft skin.
- The coconut and vitamin E oils will moisturize dry, dehydrated skin.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂