It’s summer, and that means it’s time for some new and refreshing homemade body scrubs! There’s nothing funner than making your own body scrubs because they’re so simple to make, but the satisfaction you get from the finished product is unparalleled! This homemade blueberry body scrub SCREAMS summer and the scent is simply intoxicating. Using only a few simple ingredients, this homemade blueberry body scrub will leave your skin feeling silky soft, and smelling of fresh summery blueberries.
DIY Blueberry Body Scrub
Blueberries aren’t just for eating! And although I’d be hard pressed to find someone who couldn’t finish a bowl of blueberries, if you DO have any leftover, or you’re just a lover of DIY body scrubs, use them in this recipe!
Blueberries are packed full of antioxidants which brighten the skin, and also prevents aging.
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (thawed) OR fresh blueberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/8 cup melted coconut oil
- In a food processor or blender, puree your blueberries.
- Pour pureed blueberries in a bowl and mix in the sugar and coconut oil. Stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a clean, airtight jar or container and store in the fridge for up to a month.
Use this amazing smelling blueberry body scrub in the shower on wet skin. Massage in slow, circular motions, concentrating on rough areas such as knees, elbows, and feet. Do not use on the face – this is only for your body. The sugar granules and pretty big, so using it on your face will only tear the skin. Use this scrub 2-3 times a week for glowing, ultra soft skin.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂