For those of you suffering from dark spots and scars, we have good news for you! This homemade tomato face scrub for dark spots & scars is made entirely of 100% natural ingredients that will safely and gently erase skin imperfections. Whether you have dark spots, acne scars, sun damage, or just regular scars, this homemade tomato face scrub will obliterate even the most stubborn of imperfections as long as it's used consistently! Like with anything (working out, studying, etc…), the more consistent you are with it, the better the results! So make sure to use this scrub 2-3 times a week for at least a month to see results!
Homemade Tomato Face Scrub
- 3-4 tbsp fresh tomato juice
- 3 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Benefits of Tomato Face Scrub:
- The tomato juice in this recipe is a natural skin lightener and will therefore lighten dark spots and scars.
- Tomato juice also contains lots of vitamins and minerals which can rejuvenate tired, dull looking skin, and also aids in erasing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Baking soda is also a natural skin lightener as well as a cleanser and exfoliator. As you're using this scrub, baking soda will gently slough off dead skin cells revealing newer, softer, and younger looking skin.
- Lemon juice, like tomato juice and baking soda, is also a natural skin lightener, so all three ingredients combined together are the ultimate skin lightening trifecta which makes this scrub unstoppable!
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Stir well until combined.
- Rub onto wet skin in slow, circular motions.
- For those with oily/combination skin, you can use this once a day.
- For those with sensitive skin, use only 2-3 times a week as it can irritate the skin.
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂
Can this be made in large amounts? And if so how can I store it?
You can make this into slightly larger amounts, but I wouldn’t make more than for a weeks’ worth. If you do, make sure the mixture stays refrigerated. The acidity of the lemon juice as well as the tomatoes will keep the scrub nice and fresh for about a week 🙂