People have been making these apple and honey masks for a long time because of its anti-aging properties . Apples are very high in antioxidants that remove harmful free radicals from your skin. This face mask also helps improve the texture and tone of your skin, reduce acne and blemishes.
These masks are most effective when apple pieces are left to sit in a pot with water for a few minutes before use. This apple honey face mask recipe is very easy to make and it involves apples so you have to be aware that apple can sometimes cause slight irritation or inflammation on sensitive skin types. This face mask is not recommended for those with very sensitive, dry or dehydrated skin types unless you add apple juice (about 1 teaspoon) to the apple pieces before heating them up in a pot.
If you don't like apple products or apple juices then consider replacing the apple in this recipe with organic grape juice and organic honey.
How to Make an Apple Honey Face Mask
This apple honey face mask is quick and easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. Great for all skin types including oily, dry, and combination skin.
- apple juice (optional)
- cheesecloth or thin towel
Some apple juice can be added to make the apple less reactive on sensitive skin types. This is not required but it's up to you if you want to add apple juice to your apple honey face mask.
- Cut an apple apple into small pieces and remove the apple seeds.
- Put the apple pieces in a pot with some water (about 1 inch) and turn on the stove to low heat for 5-10 minutes, or until apple pieces are soft.
- When apple pieces are soft, prepare your face by washing your skin and exfoliating if you use a scrub.
- Using a blender or food processor, combine the softened apple pieces, honey and apple juice (if using). Blend until a smooth, mask like consistency forms.
- If the mask is too thick, add a little bit of apple juice and/or honey.
- Leave on for 15-25 minutes.
- Wash apple honey face mask off with warm water or apple juice, then pat dry your skin with a clean towel.
- If you have any apple pieces left over you can use them as an exfoliant before washing off apple honey face mask.
- Apply moisturizer after apple honey face mask.
How to Store the Apple Honey Face Mask
Your apple honey face mask should last about one day in the fridge if you don't use it all up right away. The mask can also be stored at room temperature for 1 to 2 days but not much longer than that. If you decide to store the mask in the fridge, there's no need to heat it up or add apple juice before using.
Please note: mask should not be used on the eye area. Apple juice can actually cause mild to moderate irritation in some people so apple products should be avoided when making this mask if you have sensitive skin types or rosacea.