Why waste your hard earned money on expensive shaving creams when you can make your own? Today we'll show you a homemade shaving cream recipe without any chemicals, preservatives, or skin irritants. This all natural homemade shaving cream works better than store bought creams, is much better for your skin, and is oh-so-cheap! Learn how to make your own shaving cream now and you'll never have to buy any shaving cream again!
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipe
This recipe will yield about 4-6 ounces of whipped shaving cream.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup shea butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil, jojoba oil, or sweet almond oil
- 2 tbsp liquid castile soap
You should be able to find all of these ingredients at your local drug store or a natural store. But if not, purchasing them online, like on Amazon, is much easier and sometimes cheaper too. And once you have these essential ingredients, the possibilities are endless!
The oils and shea butter are always great to have when you want to make your own creams, moisturizers, or serums, while the liquid castille soap enables you to make your own soaps, shampoos, and even conditioners!
- Melt the coconut oil and shea butter together either in the microwave or over the stove.
- Add olive oil and stir. Remove from heat.
- Transfer your mixture into an airtight jar or container and store in the fridge until it has become a solid.
- Remove mixture from fridge.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and use a stand mixer or hand mixer to whip up your concoction!
- Whip until fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add castile soap and whip until combined.
- Scoop into an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place.
The shaving cream has a very long shelf life without any preservatives, but if water gets into it, it can spoil quickly. Try drying your hands before scooping any of the shaving cream out, or use a dry spoon.
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂