Last Updated on
Bath salts can be quite expensive to purchase, so why not make your own? Today we’ll share an amazing recipe on how to make your own bath salts! Making your own bath salts is super easy and it’s actually fun too! If you have kids, get them involved in this process as it’s an easy craft and everyone will get to enjoy them!
How to Make Your Own Bath Salts – Recipe
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- Silica gel pack (optional)
- Essential oil of your choice (this is where the scent of your bath salts will come in, so choose whichever scent you like). Some great options are lavender, grapefruit, peppermint, etc…
- Glass jar. If you decide to store your bath salts in a plastic container, the ingredients might brake down, so it’s important you only use an airtight glass jar.
- Food coloring (optional, for prettiness!)
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups of Epsom salt.
- Add 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil. Mix well. For a relaxing bath, use lavender. For a pick-me-up, use something citrusy such as grapefruit. Colds and sinus infections, eucalyptus is your best choice!
- If you’re using food coloring, add one drop at a time and mix. If you feel like there is not enough color, add another drop. Remember when it comes to food coloring, less can be more!
- Mix everything well and pour into an airtight glass jar.
- You can throw in a Silica gel pack to keep the salts from hardening.
- Throw a handful of bath salts in a running bath and reap the benefits!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂