Last Updated on
Have you ever heard of the baking soda and vinegar hair wash method? If you’re on a quest of eliminating the “poo” (shampoo), baking soda and vinegar hair wash method may just be for you! Both baking soda and vinegar are 100% natural ingredients which, when applied to the hair, can repair damaged strands, add tons of shine, repair split ends, and get rid of built up residue. So why should you use the baking soda and vinegar hair wash method instead of regular shampoo?
Why You Should Wash Your Hair With Baking Soda and Vinegar
- It will save you a TON of money. Baking soda and vinegar are both dirt cheap and readily available at any store.
- Baking soda and vinegar will clean your hair better than any shampoo since both are natural cleansers.
- Shampoo is loaded with chemicals that actually dry out your hair and damage it in the long run. Some shampoos even contain cancer causing ingredients! Baking soda and vinegar are found naturally and cause absolutely no damage to the hair, but rather repair it.
- A vinegar rinse will give you INTENSE shine like nothing you’ve ever used before.
- Baking soda cleanses deeply and gets rid of built up residue, giving you a squeaky clean scalp.
- Oily hair be gone! Baking soda and vinegar not only gets rid of build up, but also excess oil.
Baking Soda and Vinegar Hair Wash
- Mix 1 part baking soda with 3 parts water. For medium length hair, mix about 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda with 3 times that amount of water in a spray bottle. You can adjust depending on the length and thickness of your hair.
- Spray directly onto scalp and ends either on dry hair or wet hair.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 4 parts water. You can also add some essential oils to mask the vinegary smell.
- Add mixture in squeeze bottle and spray all over hair.
- Finish off by rinsing with cold water. Cold water will seal in the moisture, smooth hair, and add shine.
Use the baking soda and vinegar hair wash method as often as you would use shampoo! After the first use, you’ll notice your hair will feel and look healthier and will be much shinier. After about a week, you’ll notice your hair will be a lot less oily, so you won’t need to wash as much!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂