Dry, damaged hair doesn’t stand a chance against our absolute BEST hair mask for damaged hair! This all natural concoction will seriously fix even the most damaged, the driest of hair after just one application! Try it for yourself and see the difference!
Packed with nourishing and deeply hydrating ingredients, this DIY hair mask for damaged hair combines the best ingredients to fight off damage and impart moisture.
Because this hair mask contains fatty and oily ingredients, we recommend that you only apply to the ends, especially for those with oily hair! If you do decide to spread some onto the scalp, do only a small amount, and rinse out well!
DIY Hair Mask for Damaged Hair Recipe
- 1/2 cup full fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp castor oil
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 5 drops ylang-ylang oil (optional, and only for those with a dry scalp!)
- In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- Apply the mask from middle to the ends and secure in a bun.
- Cover the bun with a shower cap or a plastic bag.
- Leave on for at least 30 minutes, or even better, overnight.
- Rinse out thoroughly, and shampoo and condition as normal.
- Follow up with an apple cider vinegar rinse. See below.
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse:
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 4 parts water. You can also add some essential oils to mask the vinegary smell.
- Add mixture in squeeze bottle and spray all over hair.
- Finish off by rinsing with cold water. Cold water will seal in the moisture, smooth hair, and add shine.
Use this mask 2-3 times a week, depending on how dry and damaged your hair is!
Like this post? Share, Pin, and Comment Below 🙂