If you've ever thought of making your own shampoo,you've come to the right place! This DIY natural shampoo recipe incorporates only 6 ingredients that are all 100% natural. Store bought shampoos contain so many drying ingredients alongside alcohols and other unpronounceable ingredients, that making your own natural shampoo is simply a no brainer!
Natural Shampoo Recipe
This natural shampoo recipe calls for a few natural ingredients that you may already have in your home! If not, head to your local drug store and pick up some of this stuff because you'll be able to use them for SO many things!
- 1/2 cup liquid castille soap
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1 tbsp vitamin E oil (optional)
- 30-40 drops essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a clean shampoo bottle or a soap dispenser.
- Shake well before each use as the ingredients will separate.
- Store in the fridge between uses.
Essential Oil Ideas:
You can add any type of essential oil you have on hand, or you can grab some essential oils that are specific to your hair. Here are some ideas:
- Carrot oil: perfect for breaking, thin hair as it promotes hair growth.
- Clary sage oil: works very well for oily hair and greasy scalp.
- Lemon essential oil: recommended for curly, dry hair.
- Bergamot oil: adds extra shine and also promotes hair growth.
- Lavender essential oil: great for treating dandruff
This shampoo is perfect for hair growth, dry hair, and damaged hair and can be used regularly just as you would your normal shampoo. You'll notice that your hair will feel and look softer, shinier, and much more manageable. Within a few uses, you'll also see a difference in hair health. Use at least 2-3 times a week!
If you like this post, please share 🙂