Thin, breaking hair doesn't stand a CHANCE against this all mighty homemade hair serum! Made with natural ingredients, this homemade hair serum will target the hair follicles to hydrate them, plump them up, and strengthen them. Thin, weak, and brittle hair can be caused by a number of things including genetics (the worst!), the environment, and stress. You can totally try to control the last two factors, but the first one…not so much! Thankfully though, with regular usage, this homemade hair serum CAN change your hair's fate – just make sure to use use it 2-3 times a week for at least a month!
Homemade Hair Serum Recipe
This recipe contains only natural oils that have actually been proven to target dry, damaged hair.
Castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid and omega-6 essential fatty acide that promote blood circulation and therefore encouraging hair growth. It contains essential nutrients that strengthen the roots and nourishes the scalp, and also protects hair follicles from shedding.
Coconut oil has hair's natural lipid structure that makes it easy to penetrate deep into the roots. It stimulates hair growth and nourishes hair follicles, while reducing frizziness and giving your hair a healthy shine!
Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary essential oil is one of the best oils to treat hair problems. It stimulates hair growth, helps improve circulation, prevents premature grays, and stops dandruff.
- 1/2 cup castor oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 8-10 drops rosemary essential oil
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Pour into a small glass jar or container and store in a cool, dark place.
- When ready to use, pour a small amount of the oil mixture into your palms and spread throughout hair.
- Massage your scalp for 2-3 minutes as you do this, making sure to saturate entire head.
- Leave on for 30-45 minutes, or even overnight.
- Wash out with shampoo and follow up with your favorite conditioner.
Repeat 2-3 times a week so strengthen weak, breaking hair, and to encourage softness, hair growth, and add shine!
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂