Let’s take a look at the hottest fall hair looks that appeared on the runways! New York Fashion Week gave us a fabulous preview of what’s to come in the Spring of 2012, but until then, we’ll settle for some of the gorgeous hairstyles the designers and stylists collaborated on. Take some inspiration from these hairstyles, because they’ll be perfect and hassle free for the fall/winter months.
Rebecca Minkoff Hippie-Chic Hair
Rebecca Minkoff’s NYFW stylist Jeanie Syfu took her inspiration from Diane Keaton’s role in Manhattan when creating the models’ hair looks. It’s a mix of hippie-chic natural look mixed with a brushed-out perm. Here’s how to get this look:
- Spray a root booster onto wet hair and divide hair into four sections.
- Take each section and twist hair tightly into four corkscrews. Secure them with an elastic.
- Diffuse hair with a blowdryer for about 20 minutes.
- Let hair cool down for a bit and remove the elastics. Brush hair with a smoothing paddle brush to get that effect.
Rachel Zoe Loose Braids
Braids are definitely not gone yet – in fact, they’re coming back stronger than ever, and Rachel Zoe’s NYFW show for Spring/Summer 2012 is proof! Inspired by Brigitte Bardote, stylist Didier Malige, went for a sexy, next-day bedroom look braid that’s easy to do and hassle free. Here’s how to get this look:
- Start by applying a texturizing spray to the roots of next-day hair.
- Blowdry your hair using your fingers to get out any natural waves you may have.
- Take random sections of hair and curl them slightly using a curling iron.
- Begin by loosely braiding a pony tail at the nape of your neck. Leave a few pieces out and finish off with light hairspray.