If you’re one of those people that hasn’t cleaned their makeup brushes in way too long of a time (guilty), this is for you! Cleaning your makeup brushes shouldn’t be a chore, and it really isn’t! Just like you clean your linens or your dishes, your makeup brushes
deserve NEED to be cleaned too! In fact, your makeup brushes hold more bacteria than you think, and every time you run that brush against your skin, you’re spreading that bacteria which can lead to a slew of different skin problems such as acne, blackheads, and irritation. Learn how to clean makeup brushes the RIGHT way and get into the habit of doing it once a week!
How to Clean Makeup Brushes
This DIY makeup brush cleanser is super easy and cheap to make, but best of all, it’s extremely effective! There really is NO need to ever go out and purchase a makeup brush cleaner because making your own is easy peasy!
- two parts anti-bacterial dish soap
- one part olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix in two part anti-bacterial dish soap with one part olive oil.
- First, wet the brush, and then dip it (bristle side down) into the soap mixture.
- Make sure to coat the brush thoroughly and then use your fingers to gently squeeze and massage the brush until no more makeup runs out.
- Rinse the brush under lukewarm warm until no more soapy residue comes out.
- Hang your brush to dry with the bristle side down or lay the brush onto a paper towel.
- Let air dry for a day or two.
- Repeat with remaining brushes.
- Some brushes may need a double cleaning depending on how dirty they are.
Knowing how to clean makeup brushes is super important because it can prevent breakouts and skin irritations, not to mention your brushes will slide on much better and give you a better application!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂