With the weather outside getting significantly colder, and the heat inside our homes getting warmer, our skin tends to dry up and crack much faster than any other time of the year. This DIY hand cream for extra dry hands is the ONLY hand cream you'll need all winter to treat dry, cracked skin. No need to spend a ton of money on expensive hand creams that promise moisturized creams – this DIY hand cream works better than most store bought versions and will cost you only a couple of dollars.
DIY Hand Cream
This hand cream is specifically formulated for extra dry hands and is made with moisture rich ingredients such as shea butter, almond oil, and essential oils. These ingredients gets deep into the skin to moisturize and hydrate even the driest of the skins.
- 1/4 cup shea butter (can also substitute for coconut oil or cocoa butter)
- 1/8 cup sweet almond oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 10 drops myrrh essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter, almond oil, and beeswax.
- Stir the mixture gently as it melts.
- Once melted, remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the essential oils and pour the mixture into a clean, airtight container.
- Allow the mixture to cool and harden for a couple of hours.
Use this hand cream as often as needed, but especially before bed so that the cream can really seep into your skin.
- Shea butter provides some very powerful moisturizing and nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Sweet almond oil is packed full of vitamins that penetrate deeply into the skin to hydrate and repair.
- Beeswax not only helps to keep the cream hardened, but also coats the skin and protects it.
- Myrrh and cedarwood essential oils are one of the best oils to use for dry skin.
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂
I am waiting for more ,want my hair thick and long.My face have dark spots on my face..
Hi there! You can find all sorts of different DIY recipes on our website by typing into the search box 🙂