Often times we don't have time to go to a spa for a good quality facial, or in many cases, we just lack the money! But not to worry, because you can actually replicate a good quality face mask in the comfort of your own home. Using only three simple, and easy to get ingredients, you can make your own coffee mud face mask in just minutes! What's more is that this mask has a slew of benefits and in the end, will only cost you pennies! So let's get down to the nitty gritty!
DIY Coffee Mud Face Mask
The benefits of this coffee mud face mask are PLENTIFUL:
- Deeply cleanses and detoxifies
- Tightens pores
- Reduces Inflammation
- Absorbs excess oil
- Balances skin PH
- Increases blood flow
- Infuses highly beneficial minerals
- Smoothes and revitalizes skin appearance
- Accelerates scar healing
This coffee mud face mask uses clay, which is an absolutely amazing tool to have for your beauty routines! When mixed with water or apple cider vinegar, clay produces an electrical charge which then has the ability to rid the skin of toxins and bacteria. This reduces inflammation, prevents breakouts, reduces the appearance of scars and dark spots, and also gets rid of blackheads. Also, the clay contains a ton of minerals so your skin will also be getting a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals that it really needs!
What You'll Need for This Mask:
- 2 tsp cosmetic grade clay (bentonite, white kaolin, or French green clay are all clays you can use!)
- 1 tsp coffee grounds (used or fresh!)
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 drops tea tree oil (or any kind of other essential oil you may prefer!)
- Mix all of your ingredients in a non-metal bowl using a wooden spatula until it forms a paste. Using non-metal tools is extremely important as the clay will NOT retain its full absorbency if you do!
- Using your fingers, apply an even layer to your face and neck.
- Leave on for 10-30 minutes, depending on your skin's sensitivity.
- The mask will tighten on your skin, and you may feel a tightening, somewhat uncomfortable sensation.
- Once the mask has solidified (it should look like dry, cracked earth!), remove mask with a soft, warm washcloth.
- Because this mask can leave your skin a little red afterwards, follow up with a good moisturizer!
- Use this mask once or twice a week.
If you've enjoyed this post, don't forget to share 🙂