A warm bath and a glass of wine may be one of the most relaxing things to do during cold winter days but have you ever thought of a cool bath during summer? This cooling cucumber bath with Epsom salts will give your muscles the relaxation they need, all while cooling the body down, making this the perfect summertime bath! As the Epsom salts soothe and exfoliate, the cucumber hydrates and coats the skin with vitamins. The cool water allows for the skin to tighten, shrinking pores, and also increase the metabolism.
Cooling Cucumber Bath
What you will need:
- A bath tub 3/4 full of cool water
- 1 cucumber cut in slices
- 2 cups of Epsom salts
- A handful of chopped peppermint leaves
- 3 or 4 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil or lavender oil.
In this soak, the peppermint leaves refresh the skin and treat any sort of discomfort caused by poison ivy, poison oak and even calms a blasting headache. The cucumber help to reduce inflammation and bring vitamins and minerals to the skin. The cold water is a therapy for your body as it refreshes the epidermis outside and organs inside the body, especially in the middle of a hot, stressful summer afternoon.
- Fill up the bathtub with relatively cool water.
- While the tub is filling up, add the Epsom salts.
- Lastly, dd the fresh peppermint, essential oil and cucumber slices.
- Sit, soak and simply relax.
While in the zone, listen to some calming music, read or simply breathe and enjoy. Take this bath and use it as a time to focus on pampering yourself and releasing all the toxins in your body. After this cooling cucumber bath, you will be ready to face anything that comes your way.
Like and share! 🙂