Living with eczema is one of the hardest and most misunderstood skin conditions. Flare ups can happen at any time and for any reason, and this can make life very difficult. Doing simple, mundane things, such as taking a shower, or washing dishes can be almost impossible.
This misunderstood condition is made worse by the fact that there is no known cure, but rather only things that can help control it, such as creams, oils, ointments, and dietary changes.
This DIY eczema cream helps control these flareups by going deep into the layers of the skin and hydrating, controlling itchiness, and reducing irritation.
The reason this DIY eczema cream works SO well is because it's formulated with all natural, organic, and super hydrating ingredients that have actually been proven to work.
DIY Eczema Cream Recipe
- 1/2 cup raw shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw, organic honey
- 30 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops geranium essential oil (optional)
- Using the double boiler method, melt the shea butter and coconut oil together.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the honey and essential oils.
- Let cool for a few minutes and use a hand mixer to whip up the cream until stiff peaks form. This should take several minutes.
- Scoop the mixture into a clean, airtight jar or container.
- Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Using the DIY Eczema Cream:
Before use, be sure to test a small area on your skin.
Apply every morning and night, or as often as needed.
The natural ingredients in this cream should penetrate the layers of the skin and heal the dry, irritated areas.
Use on a regular basis.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂
I’m going to try this one. Can you tell me if you have a recipe for child eczema. My granddaughter has it bad and I don’t know what else to try.
We don’t have a recipe specifically for children, but I don’t see why this one wouldn’t be suitable for kids as well. The recipe contains all natural ingredients, so it should work for both kids and adults!