Those annoying fine lines on your forehead and around your mouth can appear as early as in your twenties and they only intensify as you get older. Thankfully, there are many natural, inexpensive ways to getting rid of fine lines. Today we’ll show you how to get rid of fine lines with this easy DIY recipe. Fine lines appear over time as the skin loose collagen, the compound that helps skin stay tight and youthful.
Get Rid of Fine Lines
Fine lines appear as we age because of many factors, including exposure to sun, smoking, drinking, unhealthy diet, as well as genes. But the #1 contributor of fine lines and wrinkles is essential collagen loss. All of the factors above encourage collagen loss, but even if you live a healthy lifestyle, collagen loss is unfortunately inevitable. That’s why this simple DIY mask uses gelatin which contains collagen to replace lost or weakened collagen in the skin.
- Unflavored gelatin
- In a small saucepan, heat the unflavored gelatin with a little bit of milk and stir vigorously until it forms a non-drip paste.
- You may only need to use half a packet of gelatin, so play around with measurements until you get the right consistency.
- Allow the paste to cool and apply all over face and neck.
- Wait about 15-20 minutes or until the mask has completely hardened.
- Peel the mask off and rinse off any leftover residue.
- Follow up with a drop of coconut oil to moisturize the skin.
This is a pretty powerful mask, so we don’t recommend using this more than twice a week. Because gelatin contains keratin which in turn turns to collagen, this mask will yield results pretty quickly so make sure you use it once a week for a wrinkle and fine line free face! And since this is a peel-off mask, it’s also great for blackheads and whiteheads!
Leave a comment below and don’t forget to share 🙂