Sensitive, eczema prone skin can be very tough to deal with, and, often times, it can be hard to find just the right lotion or body butter. This homemade eczema cream will calm red, irritated skin, and also stop and prevent itchiness. Made with all natural ingredients and no dyes or alcohol, this homemade eczema cream will be the ONLY body butter you need!
One of the most important ingredients in this body butter is coconut oil, and it's been scientifically proven to cure and lessen the symptoms of eczema. Because coconut oil is packed full of healthy fatty acids, it goes deep into the skin to repair the dermis and hydrate even the driest of skins.
Homemade Eczema Cream Recipe
- 5 tbsp raw coconut oil
- 3 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp calendula oil
- 1/2 tbsp castor oil
- 4 vitamin E capsules
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 7 drops tea tree oil
- In a double boiler, melt coconut oil, shea butter, and castor oil.
- Pour the melted contents into a glass bowl and let cool for about an hour. Then, place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or just until it starts to solidify.
- Once solidified, take a hand mixer or a stand mixer and beat on high for 3-5 minutes or untill stiff peaks form.
- Slowly start to add in the calendula oil, vitamin E, lavender, and tea tree oils.
- Mix again for a few minutes and scoop into a clean, airtight jar or container.
- Hydrates dry, cracked skin
- Imparts deep moisture
- Softens skin
- Smooths bumps
- Cures and prevents eczema
- Stops itchiness
- Improves blood flow and circulation
- Reduces inflammation
- Detoxifies skin
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂