Last Updated on
Cracked, extra dry feet are NO fun, and can actually even be painful. There are a lot of remedies out there, but which ones work best? We did a post a while back about treating cracked feet by soaking them in Listerine, and that really seemed to work for most people, but now it’s time to move on to a homemade salve for cracked feet recipe. So AFTER you dip your feet in Listerine, follow up with this super thick and super moisturizing foot salve…to salvage your feet!
Homemade Salve For Cracked Feet
Cracked feet can be an indication of many medical issues such as, but not limited to:
- Incorrect walking or posture
- Poor circulation
- Skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis
- Fungal infection
- Nutritional deficiencies
More often than not, cracked feet can be cured permanently simply by changing your diet. In most cases, cracked feet are an indication of deficiencies of zinc, magnesium, and Omega-3. Also, Vitamins C & D play a vital role in your skin’s elasticity. If cracked feet are a recurring problem for you, think about incorporating the above minerals and vitamins into your diet, whether through food or vitamin & mineral supplements in the form of pills.
Homemade Cracked Feet Salve Recipe
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp beeswax
- 1/4 cup magnesium flakes + 2 tbsp boiling water
- 10 drops oregano essential oil (not to be used while pregnant or on children)
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- In a small container, pour 2 tablespoons of boiling water over the magnesium flakes. Stir it until it dissolves and let cool. It will form a thick paste.
- Place a small mason jar inside a pan with 1 inch of water. In the mason jar, combine the coconut oil, beeswax, and shea butter. Turn on to medium heat.
- Once all ingredients have melted, remove the jar from the pan and let the mixture cool until it is opaque.
- Once cooled, pour mixture into a medium bowl, blender, or food processor.
- Process or use a hand blender to mix the oils.
- Slowly start adding in the magnesium oil, little by little.
- Once mixed well, add in the essential oils if using.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, then, re-blend to get that body butter consistency.
- Store mixture in a cool, dark place.
- Slather onto dry, cracked feet every night before bed and cover your feet with socks.
The mixture can be stored for up to 2 months. Use this cracked feet salve every night and you’ll see a major improvement within days!
If you enjoyed this post, don’t forget to share 🙂