Last Updated on
Who doesn’t love a luxurious Lush mask once in a while? Unfortunately, although their products are great and amazing, they CAN be a little expensive, especially if you’re on a budget! Fortunately for us though, replicating Lush products is quite easy because they contain natural ingredients! This Lush Volcano DIY foot mask is an amazing example of what you can make at home with just a few simple ingredients!
This Lush Volcano DIY foot mask recipe is pretty close to the real thing, and will leave feet silky smooth after just one use!
Lush Volcano DIY Foot Mask Recipe
- 2 tbsp clay powder (we used Bentonite)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- juice of half a lemon OR bottled lemon juice
- 4 tbsp aloe vera juice OR distilled water
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- handful of chopped papaya
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil OR you can also use olive oil instead if you don’t have peppermint essential oil
Benefits of DIY Foot Mask:
So why is this foot mask so great, and what can it do for you? We often use hair masks and face masks, but what about foot masks? The skin is the largest organ in the body, and, just like our faces, our feet also need a little TLC which we can sometimes ignore. The skin on your feet is especially tough, and considering you put your entire weight on your feet, it can cause some major callouses!
Especially with summer coming up, having sandal-ready feet is important! Here are some of the amazing benefits of this DIY foot mask!
- Exfoliates – gently gets rid of dead skin cells revealing soft, smooth feet. This will also allow your moisturizer penetrate much deeper and easier into the skin.
- Hydrates dry feet – replenishes moisture to dry, parched feet by allowing your lotion to penetrate into the skin. The ingredients in this recipe also smooth the skin.
- Gets rid of callouses by exfoliating the skin and adding much needed moisture.
- Protects the feet from future problems such as dry skin and callouses.
- Leaves feet feeling soft, smooth, and refreshed!
- Removes toxins – naturally detoxifying
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until a smooth, mask like consistency forms.
- If you find the mask to be too thick, add a little bit of aloe vera juice or water.
- If the mask is too watery, add some more clay powder.
- Can be refrigerated for up to 1 week!
How to Use:
Step 1: Soak and Cleanse
Before applying the Lush Volcano DIY foot mask, soak your feet in warm water for about 20 minutes. The warmer the water, the softer your feel will be! To that water, add about half a cup of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of sea salt. ACV and sea salt will help cleanse, detox, and soften feet. You can also add a few drops of lavender essential oil to calm the senses and soften the feet!
Step 2: Dry and Apply
Rinse your feet off really well and dry with a towel. Apply the mask all over the feet and lay back and relax for about 10 minutes. Remove the mask with warm water. Use a pumice stone to scrub the heels and balls of the feet. Rinse again and pat dry.
Step 3: Moisturize
Use a homemade moisturizer to lock in moisture and keep feet nice and soft! Massage the lotion into the feet, and put on a pair of thick socks. Leave them on overnight and your feet will be silky soft!
Use this mask once a week for soft feet!
Like this post? Share, Pin, and Comment Below 🙂