Oily skin can be such a pain, but thankfully, there are ways you can keep oiliness at bay! This DIY cucumber face mask recipe is perfect for those with oily skin as it keeps oil away, gently exfoliates, and leave skin looking and feeling younger! Natural oil production is not all bad though, as those with oily skin tend to age a lot slower, so don’t be in a rush to get rid of ALL the oil!
So why is this DIY cucumber face mask recipe so effective? Made with cucumber, ground oatmeal, lemon juice, and honey, this mask is all natural and will get rid of excessive oiliness, exfoliate, and get rid of acne scars and dark spots.
DIY Cucumber Face Mask Recipe
- half a cucumber or 1 small cucumber
- 2 tbsp ground oatmeal
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Throw all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until a smooth paste forms.
- Apply the mask all over your (cleansed) face and neck.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the mask by scrubbing into skin in slow, circular motions. Rinse off any excess and pat dry.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week to keep oiliness away.
Why This Mask is So Effective
Cucumbers are usually used as eye pads to remove under eye circles and puffiness, but in this case, they’re used in the actual mask itself.
Cucumbers are natural astringents which means they cleanse the skin, tighten pores, and wipe away excess oil.
Oatmeal is a natural exfoliant and will help keep oiliness and acne at bay.
Honey is a natural antimicrobial and antibacterial agent which helps keep acne away and also cleanses the skin.
Lemon Juice brightens the skin and also helps to fade away acne scars, dark spots, and age spots.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂