You’re going to absolutely love this DIY cucumber face mask because it only requires 3 ingredients and targets so many different skin issues starting from dry skin, to oily/acne prone skin, and aging skin. Cucumber, oats, and yogurt makes this DIY cucumber face mask the ultimate trifecta for any type of skin, even sensitive skin. If you’re thinking of having a little pamper party, we highly recommend you whip out this face mask as everyone will love it, and here’s why!
DIY Cucumber Face Mask Benefits
Cucumber: Cucumbers provide that amazing, cooling sensation which is great for sensitive or acne prone skin. Cucumber also imparts much needed hydration to dry, parched skin and revitalizes dull, tired skin too. Cucumbers are also natural skin balancers, so if your skin’s pH is off, cucumbers should be on your list!
Oatmeal: Oatmeal calms the skin and reduces pore size. Perfect for sensitive skin, oatmeal works to gently scrub off dead skin cells and reveal brighter, younger looking skin. Works excellent on aging skin as well!
Yogurt: The lactic acid in yogurt helps to slough off dead skin cells and revitalize dull skin. Also perfect for dry, unbalanced skin, yogurt makes an excellent face mask also by itself.
- 1/2 raw cucumber
- 1 tbsp natural, plain yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp oats
- In a food processor or blender, add your cucumber and yogurt and blend until well combined.
- Then, one tablespoon at a time, add your oats and blend.
- You may need to add more oats or less to get the perfect face mask consistency (where it won’t run off). This all depends on the amount of juices your cucumber may hold.
How to Use the DIY Cucumber Face Mask:
- Apply mask all over face and neck.
- Leave on for 20-25 minutes while you lay back and relax. Place a couple of cucumber slices over your eyes to maximize your mask time!
- Wet your hands with warm water and massage the mask slowly into the skin for a minute or two.
- Rinse off completely and pat dry. Follow up with a light moisturizer.
- Repeat twice a week to shrink large pores, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, moisturize dry skin, and smooth skin.
If you have any left over mask, you can safely store in the fridge for 3-4 days and use it again!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂