Looking to give your feet a little TLC? This DIY foot scrub recipe is made with natural ingredients to get your feet back in tip-top shape! Infused with tea tree oil and mint, this energizing DIY foot scrub recipe also uses black lava salt (say whaaat) to scrub away dead skin cells and reveal the softest feet you’ve ever had!
But what the heck is black lava salt? Black lava salt is a black color salt and is simply sea salt that is blended with activated charcoal. It has an earthy flavor and usually comes from Hawaii or Cyprus. You most likely will see it labeled as Hawaiian Black Salt and is usually used at the end of cooking as a finishing salt.
That being said, if you don’t feel like searching for black lava salt, (you can usually find it at your local health store or online), you can also just use regular sea salt with a few teaspoons of activated charcoal!
DIY Foot Scrub Recipe
- Carrier oil of your choice (coconut oil, olive oil, etc…)
- Black lava salt OR regular sea salt mixed in with a few teaspoons of activated charcoal
- 5 drops tea tree oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- mason jar
- Fill a mason jar 3/4 of the way with the salt.
- Add enough of your favorite carrier oil to cover the salt.
- Add in your tea tree and peppermint essential oil.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix all ingredients together and your foot scrub is ready!
Use in the shower on wet feet, scrubbing well. Rinse off and repeat if necessary.
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂