If you know us, you know how much we love all things Lush, and today is no exception! This DIY Lush Coalface Cleanser is an almost exact replica of the real thing, but it will cost you SO much less! What's more is that this cleanser works JUST as well as Lush's version and your skin will thank you for it!
DIY Lush Coalface Cleanser
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 activated charcoal capsules
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil for 10-15 seconds or until it has become liquefied.
- Then, add the activated charcoal powder from the capsules and mix well.
- Lastly, add in the baking soda and incorporate all ingredients until well blended.
- You should be left with a thick paste-like consistency.
- If you feel like it's too liquidy, add a little more baking soda.
- Store any unused product in a clean, airtight container in the refrigerator.
Use as a Face Wash or a Face Mask:
As a Face Wash:
Apply to wet skin and rub onto skin in slow, circular motions. Rinse off and pat dry.
As a Face Mask:
Apply to clean skin and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off and pat dry.
The DIY Lush Coalface Cleanser is great for all skin types including oily, acne prone, dry, sensitive, and aging skin. The activated charcoal purges the skin of toxins and dirt, while coconut oil soothes, heals, and hydrates. Baking soda is a gentle cleanser and dark spots eraser.
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂