Christmas is just around the corner, and this homemade peppermint sugar scrub is the perfect DIY holiday project for yourself or to give away to a loved one! A simple yet super fun recipe, this homemade peppermint sugar scrub is made with all natural ingredients that you can feel good about! What’s really great about this scrub is that it looks SO pretty, it’s also the perfect homemade gift to give to a friend, family member, or even co-worker: simply scoop into a jar and wrap a ribbon around it!
Homemade Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 tbsp red jojoba beads OR red food coloring (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl or in a double boiler, melt the coconut oil.
- Mix in the sugar and stir until well mixed.
- Add in the red jojoba beads or a few drops of red food coloring. This is optional, but either of the choices will give your homemade peppermint sugar scrub a beautiful festive red color.
- Lastly, add in the peppermint essential oil and stir well.
- Scoop into a clean, airtight glass jar.
This recipe makes about 2 baby food jars or 1 jam jar.
Will keep for at least 6 months!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂