This DIY orange and vanilla body spray recipe is the only thing you'll need this summer to keep you feeling cool and smelling fresh!
Orange vanilla popsicles are a popular summer treat (and a favorite of mine) with that zesty, citrusy bite mixed with the sweet, creamy comfort of vanilla. But no need to wait for summer or to limit such yumminess to a frozen bar. Have all the fun of an orange and vanilla blend with the added benefits for skin, hair and mood, in mere minutes!
Commercial body sprays are usually laden with chemicals and artificial ingredients which can actually harm your skin. Making your own beauty products is a cheap and easy way to ensure that whatever you're putting on your body is 100% natural and free of chemicals. This DIY orange and vanilla body spray is no exception – all you need are a few natural ingredients to smells like a summer popsicle…and who wouldn't want that?!
A simple orange-vanilla spray can be used by simply spritizing around yourself and the room and inhaling the aromas which are beneficial for calming the mind while rejuvenating energy levels and promoting focus. It can also be sprayed directly onto the body and further massaged onto pain points if needed for cramp or muscle relief. A spritz or two on the face after showering can help to hydrate, nourish and fight acne.
Orange Essential Oil Goodness: The Benefits of Orange Essential Oil:
- Anti-inflammatory which makes it ideal for inflamed or irritated skin.
- Antiseptic which is great for reducing acne.
- Anti-Aging: Due to the high content of vitamin C, orange essential oil is known to promote blood flow and collagen production. As we get older, our skin tens to loose some of that collagen, which is what makes our skin look saggy.
- Its bright, lively aromas are known to be energizing while helping to maintain focus.
Vanilla Essential Oil Goodness: Benefits of Vanilla Essential Oil
- Antioxidant: fights free radicals and other toxins that build up on the skin and cause damage.
- Reduces inflammation and irritation
- Works as a natural hormone balancer
- Promotes healthy skin and hair
- Relieves muscle pain and cramps
- Relieves depression and soothes a worried mind
Witch Hazel Goodness: Benefits of Witch Hazel
This wonder plant has been actually used for hundreds (maybe even thousands) of years for its medicinal purposes. An all-purpose astringent, witch hazel can help with a slew of skin problems including excessive sebum production, cystic acne, inflammation, scarring, and more!
Orange and Vanilla Body Spray Recipe
3.5 ounces of distilled water (tap water is also fine but the minerals may alter aromatics and effects)
2 tbsp of witch hazel (or vodka)
20 drops of orange essential oil
20 drops of vanilla essential oil
A 4 ounce spray bottle
- Combine distilled water, witch hazel and essential oils in the spray bottle and shake vigorously until well blended.
- To use, simply spray on hair, face, body or around the house for an energizing yet soothing pick me up!
- As always, be sure to test on a small patch of skin before using to ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients!
Orange and Vanilla Body Spray Uses:
#1. Body Spray
The great thing about this DIY orange and vanilla body spray recipe is that it's not only easy to make, but it has SO many uses! Naturally, it's first and foremost a body spray, which means you can spray it directly onto your skin or your clothing. Of course, as with anything, please do a patch test on your skin before applying, to make sure you're not allergic to any of the ingredients.
#2. Pillow Spray
Want to get a good night's sleep? This body spray also doubles as a sleep/pillow spray. Simply spritz directly onto your pillow or sheets and lay your head down. The calming vanilla helps you get a better sleep by relaxing the senses, muscles, and mind. Plus, it also gives your pillows and sheets a really nice scent!
Place the spray in your bathroom and use whenever you want to get rid of odors, or simply to add a nice smelling scent to the room. Additionally, this spray can be used anywhere in the home or car. Vanilla essential oil is calming, while orange essential oil is energizing, which makes for an amazing combo!
#4. Hair Health
If you're using witch hazel and NOT vodka, this can also be great to spray directly onto the roots! The combination of witch hazel and the essential oils help with the overall health of your hair. Both vanilla and orange essential oils helps with hair growth and strengthening, while witch hazel helps to balance the scalp oils. Plus, it's a great hydrating spray for dry, damaged hair.
Spray this orange and vanilla body spray into the air not just for a nice scent, but also as a de-stresser. The calming scent of this body spray recipe lingers in the air to calm the mind, body, and soul. Keep a small bottle in your car or your bag to use whenever you need a little soothing!
Orange and Vanilla Body Spray Recipe
- 4 oz spray bottle
- 3.5 oz distilled water
- 2 tbsp witch hazel can also be substituted for vodka
- 20 drops orange essential oil organic if possible
- 20 drops vanilla essential oil organic if possible
- To a 4 oz spray bottle, add all ingredients and shake well.
- Spray onto body, clothing, pillows, or into the air!
- Store in a cool, dry place.
If you're using vodka in this body spray recipe, the spray will last for much longer, although we don't recommend you spray onto your hair. If using only distilled water, it can be used on the hair, but will not keep for long.