Sugar scrubs are so fun and simple to make because all you really need is sugar and whatever scents and oils you like or have on hand! Most sugar scrubs take less than 5 minutes to make and they work so well to get rid of dead skin cells and reveal beautiful, youthful skin. Today we’ll be making a DIY raspberry lemon sugar scrub for rough skin. The sugar sloughs off dead skin cells, while the raspberry and lemon combination is energizing and perfect for the summer!
DIY Raspberry Lemon Sugar Scrub
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (but any other oil will work just as well!)
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2-4 drops yellow or red food coloring (this totally depends on whether you want your scrub to look more like a lemon scrub or more like a raspberry scrub!)
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops raspberry essential oil
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove top.
- Add sugar to your oil and mix well. If you feel the mixture is too watery, just add more sugar.
- Add in the food coloring of your choice, followed by the lemon and raspberry essential oils.
- Stir until well incorporated.
- The texture should be that of a sugar scrub, but if it’s still too watery (which it shouldn’t be), just add some more sugar.
- Scoop into a clean, airtight jar and use!
Use 2-3 times a week while in the shower, focusing on rough spots such as knees, elbows, and feet.
The scent of raspberry and lemon will wake you up and energize you, the sugar will leave your skin silky soft, and the coconut oil will hydrate dry skin. Take caution when moving around the shower as the coconut oil may make things a bit slippery!
If you like this post, don’t forget to share 🙂