If you've never washed your face with rice water, you've been missing out! This DIY rice water toner uses only rice and water as its main ingredients and will cleanse, tone, and purify the skin.
Rice water has been used for thousands of years by the Japanese, and that's what they credit to their youthful, perfect complexion. Rice water contains beneficial skin properties such as Vitamins B1, C, E, and minerals. These vitamins and minerals will cure acne, dark spots and scars, tighten and shrink pores, and prevent and erase wrinkles, fine lines, and crow's feet.
What we really love about this DIY rice water toner is that it's SO easy to make! It will actually leave your skin extremely soft and clean after just the first use. All you need is some rice and some water and you're ready to make your rice water toner!
Rice Water Toner Recipe
- 1/2 cup rice (any kind will work, but we prefer either Jasmine or white rice) Do not use brown rice, and, if possible, use organic rice for best results.
Benefits of Rice Water Toner:
- Tightens pores
- Smooths skin
- Prevents breakouts and blackheads
- Brightens dull skin
- Prevents fine lines and wrinkles
- Makes skin super soft
- Hydrates and moisturizes
- Balances skin's pH
- In a colander, rinse your rice to remove any dirt or debris.
- Then, place your rinsed rice into a pot and cover with water.
- Let the rice sit in the water for about 15 minutes. During this time, all the vitamins and minerals from the rice will seep into the water.
- After the 15 minutes have elapsed, drain the rice, catching all the water into a bowl or jar. Save your rice for cooking!
- Essentially, this is fermented rice water, which has some amazing benefits not only for the skin, but for the hair as well!
How to Use The Rice Water
You can use the rice water in a couple of different ways:
- As a cleansing water: Splash the rice water on your face before or after cleansing with a mild cleanser. Use the rice water instead of regular water to infuse the skin with all the amazing vitamins and minerals.
- As a toner: Dab a little bit of the rice water onto a cotton pad and rub all over face and neck. You can do this in the morning and before bed.
Immediately after you've toned or washed with the rice water, your skin will tighten, look brighter, and feel amazingly soft. If you suffer from acne, the rice water will also work miracles – just keep using it daily until you start to see a difference, but this stuff works fast!
You can keep the rice water in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. After 5 days, you must discard any leftover rice water. Once you've run out, make your rice water again! It takes 15 minutes, it's extremely cheap, and very effective!
If you like this post, don't forget to share 🙂
Other Image Sources: SkinPerfectBrothers
Thank you for your article on rice water toner recipe. But there is something that is confusing me here. The rinsed rice to be place in a pot and for 15 minutes, is it to be boiled or just soaked in cold water. Please I need to be cleared.
The rice just needs to be soaked in the water and not boiled. Sorry for the confusion 🙂
hello jessica pls does this clear out the pores totally ? kindly suggest if there is any other DIY to remove pores totally. Or suggest an essential oil that can be used.
There is no absolute way to “remove” pores, but rather to shrink them or minimize their look. This rice toner is excellent for shrinking large pores, and as long as you use it on a regular basis, it’ll definitely do the job! Another thing you can do is a steam facial (where you place your face over a pot of steam carefully not to burn your skin). This will open up the pores. After that, apply a tightening mask followed up by the rice toner. Regular skin maintenance (masks, toners, cleaners, etc..) can definitely make pores smaller.
I’ll try it
15 mins doesnt seem like enough time, other people are suggesting a minimum of 2 hour soak