This super simple DIY rose petal scrub only requires 4 ingredients and will leave your skin silky smooth from head to toe! Made with dried rose petals, sugar, coconut oil, and essential oil, this DIY rose petal scrub will quickly become your favorite new indulgence! Making your own sugar scrubs is one of the easiest things you can do, and the satisfaction you get from making your own beauty products is unmatched!
DIY Rose Petal Scrub Recipe
- 1 cup dried rose petals (see below on how to dry rose petals!)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut oil or carrier oil of your choice
- 5-10 drops geranium essential oil OR 3-5 drops rose absolute oil
How to Dry Rose Petals:
Depending on the type of roses you have, you'll need anywhere from 25-100 rose petals to make 1 cup. For the larger rose variety, 25-50 petals will suffice, while the smaller petal variety will need anywhere from 50-100 petals to make 1 cup.
Under a colander, rinse the rose petals well and lay them flat out to dry on a paper towel. Place another paper towel on top and let the water absorb for about a day.
Now take your rose petals and place them on a cookie sheet. Place them in indirect sunlight. This is easier done indoors as the wind can easily blow them away outdoors.
Leave them to dry out in the indirect sunlight for a day or two until they've become dried up!
- To a food processor, add the dried rose petals and pulse until they've become little bit of rose petals.
- Now add the chopped up rose petals to the sugar, and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well and scoop into a clean, airtight jar.
- Use in the shower on wet skin and scrub in slow, circular motions.
- Rinse off and pat dry.
- Use 2-3 times a week to slough off dead skin cells, hydrate, and leave skin soft and glowing!
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂
Hi, Thanks for the recipe, and for the conservation can you tell me how long can I keep the scrub and where ? Thank you
I usually make a batch that lasts me for several months and I just keep it in the shower! There are no “fresh” ingredients that could spoil in there, so it can last for quite some time 🙂