The temperatures are rising fast and you NEED a way to keep cool during hot, humid days. This homemade rosewater spray will not only keep you nice and refreshed but will also leave your skin hydrated and smelling oh-so-rosy! An easy recipe with simple ingredients, this homemade rosewater spray will you cost you a couple of dollars to make and it will quickly become a staple in your summer bag!
Homemade Rosewater Spray Recipe
This rosewater spray isn’t JUST for yourself though – it’s an all-in-one spray that you can use to spray in your car, on your pillows, on your face as a makeup setting spray, to freshen armpits, and well pretty much anything else you can think of spraying, it can do it!
- 1 cup rose petals (2-8 roses depending on the types of roses you’re using)
- vitamin E oil (optional)
- favorite essential oil (optional)
- Rinse the rose petals thoroughly and place them in a small bowl.
- Cover with water and simmer on low heat.
- Continue simmering on low heat until the water has turned a dark pink color and until the roses have lost their color. This should take about 20-25 minutes.
- Strain the roses and reserve the rosewater.
- Place the rosewater in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once cooled, pour into a small spray bottle, and add a few drops of vitamin E oil and your favorite essential oil, if using.
Rosewater Spray Uses:
- Body spray
- Makeup setting spray
- Air freshner
- Armpit freshner
- Pillow mist
- Hair mist for shiny hair
Like this post? Share and Pin 🙂